This position is closed. If you would
Dynamic leading ecommerce site - growth-oriented for-profit subsidiary of a premier national membership association providing products and services including publications, webcasts, conferences, continuing professional education and member benefits programs, to the member audience. Ranked by Internet Retailer as one of the top five hundred
e-commerce sites in the U.S.
The Search Engine Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, optimizing, implementing and analyzing natural and paid search engine marketing activities. This position is key to future growth and will be responsible for the top-to-bottom management of our pay-per-click (PPC) and search engine optimization (SEO) activities. This position is based at the mid-town New York City offices and reports to the Senior Manager of the Online Production and Social Media team.
The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of online retail, ideally in the B2B space, with a strong background in pay-per-click (PPC) management. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, touching all aspects of the search marketing roadmap including keyword management, creation of campaign messaging, bidding strategies, creative testing, and analytics.
- Act as a strong business manager of the search engine marketing channel. Manage the P/L of the channel by tracking, reporting, and analyzing all PPC initiatives and campaigns; responsible for forecasting and budgeting of channel.
- Become a "product expert" in our industry, understand the hot issues and new developments, and create an associated keyword expansion roadmap, working with the Product Marketing team to develop relevant ads and landing page content.
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Bing, etc.) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Responsibilities include keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of creative copy (titles and descriptions), review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
- Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywording, etc.
- Develop near and long-term PPC account strategies, roadmaps and execute day-to-day tactics that increase revenue, site traffic, conversion and margins.
- Identify and report on key performance indicators, and opportunities for improvement on a regular basis.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the marketing team and top executives.
- Work with all team functions - product marketing, creative, product management, engineering - to implement search engine optimization (SEO) recommendations such as:
- Keyword research and specifications throughout web site pages
- Site audits for SEO best practice compliance
- IA and site design recommendations
- Navigation and conversion analysis
- Link analysis and building
- Identifying opportunities to improve organizational and process enhancements that support SEO
- Integrate strategies and recommendations into other active marketing channels such as Email Marketing and Social Media.
- Research and manage affiliate and online advertising programs.
- Prepare and execute on a business plan to establish an international SEM strategy in targeted regions/countries.
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing, competitive landscape, and keyword research.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree required; Marketing Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience managing paid and natural search programs for well-established online retailers
- Should hold some combination of the following certifications: Google Adwords Certification, Google Analytics Certification, Yahoo Ambassador, etc.
- Requires hands-on knowledge of best practices in SEM and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint
- Experience managing SEM campaigns internationally - in targeting customers in specific international regions/.countries
- Exceptional copy writing and editorial skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets
- Proficiency in MS Office - especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces, i.e. Coremetrics, Webtrends, Google Analytics is required
- Web platform experience including content management and e-commerce systems (specifically Escalate Retail/Blue Martini and Sharepoint) a plus
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- A self-motivated individual; a good team player
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work
like to find out about other current job opportunities,
register with us today!